A renovated kitchen is integrated with a new family room to create a more open plan for entertaining.
• A raised ceiling with clearstory windows brings natural light into the family room and kitchen, helping to maximize the space and give the room an open, airy feel.
• By relocating an existing stair to a redesigned back entry the kitchen is opened to the living room and kitchen efficiency is improved.
• Large windows provide garden views at the built-in window seat and dining area.
• An outside terrace and stone planters that satisfy code requirements yet avoid guardrails enhance views from the interior.
• The renovated kitchen is functional and comfortable for everyday living, yet easily accommodates gourmet cooking and formal entertaining.
• The relocation of a stair to a redesigned back entry opens the kitchen to the family room and a new eating area and improves room transitions.
• Clear story windows in the family room and side windows over a built-in desk bring natural light into the kitchen. Simple, elegant painted cabinetry combines with thoughtful lighting to create the bright, open, yet traditional look.
• The kitchen's layout and storage is maximized without increasing the kitchen's footprint.